Wednesday, December 14, 2011

El Salvador and turning sweet 15

December 11, 2011

Well we found the nicest plaza yet in a small town, still in El Salvador. We took our time all day and had a pretty relaxed day because of it. We left El Tunco around 11:00 and drove until 6:00, only making one wrong turn, realizing it quite quickly and correcting the issue.

Saw another funeral in session today and explored through the largest cemetary we’ve seen yet. At the town we stopped in for the night there was an extraordinary Sweet 15 Party. We hit the jackpot for Central American rituals and traditions today.

We took hundreds of pictures and videos today to tell the story of what we’ve found here today.
People are so friendly and curious. Lots of people wave or stare and I flash as many Peace signs as I can. Some people return the gesture - some even dance - kids fight for the attention. They love when I take pictures of them.

We finally had some macaroni tonite. Sterling made it and I stood outside. Maybe there’s a some reason he doesn’t trust me just yet but I can’t imagine what it could be . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment